If we talk about the healthcare sector, the use of awareness ribbons has been extremely common. You can use various colors of awareness ribbon to create a sense of awareness and public know-how related to different health conditions, medical illnesses, or various other issues. The whole world especially the US, Canada, UK, and Australia has been using awareness ribbons at a vast level.
Now you might be thinking what is the purpose of including awareness ribbons with various colors and what does each color means. Let’s clear your mind and highlight the meaning of each color used for custom awareness ribbons wristbands:
The red color ribbon is used for raising awareness and show some support for the patients of AIDS/HIV. You can also the same color ribbon for patients with heart stroke, substance abuse, and much more.
Blue is another most common color which is used to show extensive support for child abuse and prevention. This ribbon color also represents anti-bullying, or sex slavery awareness, as well as addiction recovery awareness.
The orange color awareness ribbon is used for the diseases which are associated with leukemia and multiple sclerosis. Some of the people also prefer to wear this for supporting kidney cancers or spinal cancer.
Additional Color Combinations in Awareness Ribbons
- Black and Blue is used for the loss of a male child or mourning a brother, loss of a brother, or the mourning a son
- Black and Pink is used for the loss of a female child or mourning a sister, loss of a sister, or the mourning a daughter
- Black and Red is used for the murdered children, or loss of a firefighter on duty or the murder victims
- Black and White is used for Anti-Racism, Gifted Education, or Carcinoid Cancer, Transitions, as well as Vaccine Awareness
- Blue and Green are used for Anal Cancer, or Pseudotumor Cerebri, a.k.a. intracranial hypertension
- Blue and Purple is used for Pediatric Stroke or Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Blue and Red are used for Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome, or Congenital Heart Defects and Disease, as well as Noonan’s Syndrome, and Pulmonary Fibrosis.
- Blue and Yellow is used for Designated Drivers or Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, and Down Syndrome
- Periwinkle and White is used for Esophageal Atresia/Tracheoesophageal Fistula 9EA/TEF
- Pink, Purple, and Teal is used for Thyroid Cancer
- Purple and Black is used for Tracheostomy and Necrotizing Enterocolitis
- Purple and Green is used for Stickler Syndrome or Schizencephaly
- Purple, Teal, and Green is used for Medullary Sponge Kidney (Cacchi-Ricci disease)
- Purple and Yellow is used for Autoimmune Hepatitis, and Chemical Injury and Lupus, Endometriosis
- Red and Gold is used for Neonatal Alloimmune Thrombocytopenia (NAIT) Awareness
- Red, White and Black is used for Pernicious Anaemia & B12 Deficiency
- Red and Yellow is used for Hepatitis C, HIV/HCV Co-Infection, or surviving family members of suicide victims
- Red, Yellow and Blue is used for all forms of Trisomy
- Silver and Blue is used for Corpus Callosum
- Teal and Purple is used for Domestic Violence or Sexual Assault